Waterbeds anyone?


 Remember Waterbeds? I had a great memory. I had a nice queen sized waterbed in the 70's that had a big square mirror hung on the wall at the head if the bed.

One night I was having this dream. It was so vivid and it was like I was actually swimming in my dream, only the water was really warm.

I was really enjoying how Real this dream felt to me, when suddenly I got water in my nose and woke up.

You see somehow the mirror fell out if it's frame and slid down the wall and somehow slid to make contact with the waterbed mattress and sliced it, but the retaining liner didn't get cut through like the mattress. As the water seeped into the bed soaking up the blankets and my body slowly submerged into the water.

My head was floating on my pillow and as it finally ever so slowly sunk down, water got into my nose and I woke laying there thinking how Real this damn dream was. It dawned on me I was swimming to keep afloat.

Now it gets better than that, because as I climb out of bed to turn on the light, the waves from my movement must have jiggled the mirror enough for it to slice through the lining of the bed and as I turned on the light, there was 3 inches of water in the room and I saw my shoes on the floor floating by!

As I walked around to the bedroom door, I sensed the water must be draining somewhere and not down the hall. There was no way to stop the flow of water coming from the bed. How much water does a queen size bed hold anyway?

Well the answer came about 30 minutes later when the Fire department came to our door and I shut the bedroom door and acted like nothing going on here. (Towels were spread out everywhere trying to soak up flood waters).

My wife said the apartment not directly below us, but the next one over had called the Fire department after they thought a water pipe broke when a waterfall, (as they described it) came pouring down the wall of their closet and popped the lightbulb. 

Another neighbor thought the old lady next door to us may have died and left her bathtub faucet running. They didn't know she was deaf! And she got the Surprise of her life when the firemen broke down her front door when she didn't answer them. She woke up to a man holding an axe, as she later told us the next morning. 

How I never got an eviction notice to move out, I'll never know. But that didn't stop me from buying another waterbed! lol. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight Club vs Bike Club!

Doing Laundry on a Boat

More Adventures, A Father's Day to Remember!