More Adventures, A Father's Day to Remember!

Father's Day! Well I just wanted to Thank the kids once again.


They came and KIDNAPPED us and took us up to the farm after I got off work Saturday. (It took about 2 1/2 hours to drive there). I got to see Emily and Lester (and Lester had just got out of the hospital not too long ago, but he was happy to see me, as I have not been up there in about 10 years) and we All stayed up till about 2am.

Tavis was feeling kinda sick before we left to go there and didn't want to go at first, but I am glad he did and he had Lester laughing as much as Lester had us laughing. We even had to try out Lester's hot tub that was complete with Disco lights and Disco music and even before I got in, I could hear little Toma & Tavis singing "Staying Alive" and almost didn't want to get in! ( No it was actually pretty funny listening to them).

MicKayla and Tanner had popped up a tent in the middle of where the goat pen used to be and Tanner had a New knife and he was convinced he was going to catch a rabbit. MicKayla & him wandered around and around the property chasing a jack rabbit, that most of the time I could see sitting right underneath the Trellis Emily has in her front yard. They would chase it, but it kept coming back to the same spot.

After I went to go sleep in the barn, I mean the Apartment in the Barn complete with full Satellite hookup, but I was too tired to watch, I think I heard Tavis come out and tell the kids to go to sleep around 2:30am?

We woke up about the time the chickens would have been up, but human beings should not. The kids were in the field next door getting ears of corn and filling up the back of the Hummer. And let me tell you this, the ears of corn were so sweet tasting, we took bites right out of them raw and it was so sweet & good! It was hard to believe.

Now this was Teresa & Ezekiel's first time out there and the next morning was the first time they could really see how far the farm goes and everything there is to see. Tavis and Toma brought some hand guns and a rifle or two. They set up some bottles to shoot at on Father's day morning and was busy having fun while Lester talked to Teresa & my head off, while we ate Banana Nut Muffins and having some of Emily's coffee. Then Lester surprised the boys, by going into the barn and coming out the other side with a Shotgun and blasting at the targets the boys had set up.

Then Tome & Tavis supervised the kid, while they each took a shot from the fully stocked rifle that Lars's had built and looked through the scope to try and hit these 55 gallon drums several hundred feet away.

Then they convinced me to try to hit there beer bottles and I admit I myself had fun with a 30 round clip and can still hit a target!

Then they fired up the grill and started some hot dogs and Emily made some pork & beans and added some green chilies. yum yum!

Anyway, I had lost Teresa's camera and Danielle & Toma were the only ones that got some father's day pictures of us, she said she will post them later. So all in all, I hope everyone had a good father's day as I did!

Okay it is around 9am this morning and MicKayla is still asleep and poor Ezekiel had to get up to go to Summer school. But when we got home last night, boy bed sure looked good to us, as we were all plum tuckered out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight Club vs Bike Club!

Doing Laundry on a Boat